Information for visitors to Turner Sims
As we welcome you back to events at Turner Sims, please rest assured that your safety and that of our performers and staff is our top priority.
In line with current Tier 2 restrictions for Southampton, the key changes in coming to events at Turner Sims include:
• Reduced capacity in the concert hall, with socially distanced seating.
• Shorter performances with no interval.
• All audience members are required to wear a face covering throughout the performance (unless exempt as per the Government’s guidelines). Face coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
• No printed material – no hard copy tickets or programmes.
• Clear signs and helpful staff and ushers to make your visit straightforward.
• Enhanced cleaning – as always, Turner Sims is professionally cleaned on a continual basis. Common contact surfaces and toilet facilities are regularly sanitised.
As risks and guidelines change, we may need to change performers, capacity and other aspects at short notice. Please make sure that the email address and telephone number we have for you are up to date when booking so we can let you know about any changes.
• We have reduced the capacity of the concert hall to 90 seats (from 365) to ensure that we maintain social distancing between individuals and groups.
• Performers, staff and ushers will also be socially distanced from each other, and from the audience, following government guidelines.
• If you have downloaded the NHS Covid-19 app, please scan the concert hall’s track and trace QR code on arrival.
• We clean the hall between activities.
• Audiences, staff and ushers must wear face coverings inside our building and during the event. Please bring your own face covering.
• We will not be issuing physical tickets, but audiences should bring Print at Home /e- tickets (either on a mobile device or printed out).
• Hand sanitiser is available at key locations.
• Toilets will be open and available before and after concerts, however we ask that you use your own bathroom facilities at home before you arrive.
• Staff will be on hand to guide and answer questions.
A new social distancing tool is set up on our Box Office system which automatically offers seats that are spaced over 1 metre apart from another individual or group.
A group booking may include up to six people from a single household or support bubble.
Preparing to Travel
Before arriving, it is the responsibility of the person who booked tickets to check that that no one in their party has:
• in the last 10 days, developed a new, continuous cough, lost their sense of smell or taste, or had a high temperature;
• had a test for Covid-19 for which they have not yet had the results;
• in the last 10 days, tested positive for Covid-19;
• lived in the same household as someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 day; and/or
• been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace system and told to self-isolate and has not yet self-isolated for the period recommended by the NHS Test and Trace system.
Please ask everyone in your party to take their temperature before travelling. If their temperature reading is higher than 38°C or they have a continuous cough they should stay at home.
We ask that the person who booked tickets reconfirm these points with each member of their party before travelling to Turner Sims on the day of the event, checks the latest rules and guidance issued by the UK government regarding Covid-19 and contacts our Box Office via: firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any problems.
If any member of your group is feeling unwell, displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 or believe they could be refused entry on the basis of the above we would ask them to please stay at home and not travel to Turner Sims on the day of the relevant event. In these instances, tickets can be refunded before the performance by contacting email@example.com.
Anybody who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable, or who is in a support bubble with or in the same household as anybody who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable, should pay specific attention to the guidance given by the government to support the clinically extremely vulnerable which is available here.
Please consider your travel options and either walk, use a bicycle, car or motorcycle rather than public transport where possible, in accordance with the current UK Government guidance.
Arriving at Turner Sims
The foyer of the concert hall will be open from 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Our new temporary entrance is the far left-hand side glass door of the foyer (looking at Turner Sims from the gardens).
Please put on your face covering (unless you are medically exempt) whilst queuing ready to enter and be ready to show your e-ticket. Staff and signage will help you find your way around.
Please collect any pre ordered drinks and merchandise upon arrival and carry these to your seat/s.
Please avoid mingling with individuals from other parties, joining any other group or acting in a way which would contravene any applicable government regulations whilst on the premises and should cooperate with any staff/ usher directions in this regard.
During the event
• Please wear your face covering at all times, except when drinking.
• Please ensure you maintain a safe distance from others at all times.
• The bar will not be open for in-person purchases.
• Please refrain from singing along during the event.
• At the end of the performance please stay in your seats until asked to leave by a member of staff.
• Once asked to leave the auditorium, audiences are kindly asked to make their way outside and not to gather in the foyer.
• All fire exits will remain accessible in case of an emergency. Please adhere to social distancing at the assembly point.
Please note that Turner Sims intends to co-operate fully with the NHS Test and Trace service and will therefore be asking for your contact phone number when you book tickets for socially distanced events (this information will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of Covid-19).